Search Your Article Here

Thursday

Physical Therapy and Parkinson's disease

Parkinson's disease is a chronic progressive neurological disorder resulting from deficiency of dopamine in the brain.It manifest with the triad of-
1. Rigidity or stiffness in the body
2. Bradykinesia or slowness of the movements
3. Resting tremors and postural instability.

Other manifestations include- Intellectual impairment in form of dementia, communication problems due to dysarthria and hypophonia, dysphagia and silorrhea, muscuoskeletal problems due to disuse and inactivity and festinating gait pattern.

Physical therapy management of Parkinson's disease include-

1.Increasing activity levels-Increase overall mobility, do some stretching exercises to elongate muscles and involve patient in a regular walking program.

2.Decreasing rigidity and bradykinesia-Incorporate PNF patterns(specially D2F for upper extremity and D1E for lower extremity) with emphasis on trunk rotation patterns and rhythmic initiation technique.Relaxation exercises in form of gentle rocking can be used to reduce muscle tension.Deep breathing exercises can also be used.Daily stretching and ROM exercises are important.

3.Improving gait pattern-Emphasize high stepping, broad based gait with arm swing and contralateral trunk rotation.Toe wedge can be used to counteract festination.

4.Improving balance-Weight shifts in standing,stepping movements forward and backward, walking and marching in place can be helpful.

5.Improve strength-Focus on lower extremity strengthening in order to improve gait and posture.Trunk extension exercises are also important.

6.Walking aids in form of canes can be used to improve gait and balance

5 comments:

Anxiety Drugs said...

Parkinson's is a very common disease that occurs more in men like my cousin who suffered from this disease and how no one could cure him started buying vicodin online without prescription which relieved their symptoms but without a control volume as there were side effects such as anxiety.

John midlton said...

Hailing from Kerala, Simy did her ancestry at Kristu Jyoti English High School and after did college studies at M G University area she advised physiotherapy for four years.

Botox In Cheshire

TINA PHILIPA said...

I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860. website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

Dr Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
HIV
Herpes
Cancer
Chronic Disease
Asthma
Parkinson's disease
External infection
Als
Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
Heart Disease
Diabetes
Kidney Disease
Lupus
Epilepsy
Stroke
Eczema
Eating Disorder
Back Pain. etc
contact him for your solution.

Carol_ford said...

After was running around from doctor to doctor before we finally get rid of her PD ,at age 74 my mother noticed that her handwriting was getting smaller and I was writing faster as well. She also noticed a small tremor in her left hand. The doctor went over her different symptoms and he suspected she either had a small stroke or the beginnings of Parkinson 's disease. After finding a neurologist and some testing she was diagnosed with the beginning stages of Parkinson’s disease. That was 3 years ago. She take Sinimet four times a day to control the symptoms, which include falling, imbalance, gait problems, swallowing difficulties, and slurring of speech,This year, our family doctor started her on www totalcureherbalfoundation blogspot com PD Herbal mixture, over 3 months into treatment she improved me dramatically. At the end of the full treatment course, the disease is totally under control. No case of dementia, hallucination, weakness, muscle pain or tremors.PD or any other disease natural organic remedies are always work on acidity treatment, if we maintain diet plan and use total cure herbs foundation then we get fast relief from this problem.

Javier K said...

I went here for the first time. The place was very clean. My shoulder feel much better. I definitely go back here for physiotherapy treatment.